Howdy folks...come on in and introduce yourselves!

For new members, come on in and introduce yourselves...

Re: Howdy folks...come on in and introduce yourselves!

Postby timbo » Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Welcome to my world :D

Tim ( not Booth ! )
timbo

Postby dessie1968 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi my name is Des.

I first really appreciated Tim's solo work on hearing the Booth and the Bad Angel album. I would just like to say how much I loved the Dingwall's show the other night. What a terrific performance. The love the crowd had for Tim was so so evident, and he really looked like he was enjoying himself too. And what a fine bunch of musicians. Can't wait to see him again soon.

Bye for now.

Des
dessie1968

Postby OE2KB » Fri May 27, 2011 11:53 am

Hi,

What can I say, 44 and my first venture into cyber space, I know, I get enough of that from my kids, anway, that's the Tim Booth effect for you.

A bit of background - always been a James fan from a distance and the "best of" has always been a go to album. I went to see them live for the first time in Bradford the day that Hey Ma was released. Attending with my closest friend, also a James fan we knew they were good but were blown away and they were elevated to the top of the live gigs list (yes we still do lists). Seen them 3 times since and their latest albums (Night and Morning) are some of their best work, in my opinion.

Now onto TB, we saw him and the bearded wonders in Sheffield, prior to the gig I got hold of Love Live and loved it, a brilliant album and wait for it, goes straight into my top 5 (sorry). I already had Bad Angel and bought Bone before the gig. Wow, why did I not have that in the collection, magnificent! Sheffield - small venue, good crowd and great band, heaven.

My kids (Girl 11 and Boy 6) are James/Tim Booth fans, because I said they have to be. My son loves Waterfall, and we have sing-a-longs in the car.

Enough rambling for now except to say TB needs to carry on making music and playing live for ever!
OE2KB

Postby timbo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Welcome
timbo

Previous

Return to Welcome