My other Favorites

Talk about your favourite bands and music...

Re: My other Favorites

Postby timbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Mumford & Sons are a great night out.
timbo

Postby Sean in Otley » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Some of my favourite non-James bands are.......
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Nine Inch Nails
Eels
British Sea Power
Boards of Canada
Sigur Rós
TISM
Blur
Mercury Rev
Portal
Joy Division
Hot Chip
Elbow
Secret Machines
Ian Brown
Radiohead
Spiritualized
Manic Street Preachers
Goldfrapp

Just the tip of the iceberg, did I mention 'Black Lace'?
Sean in Otley

Postby timbo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Got an email from the Radiohead site yesterday saying a new album is to be released on pre-sale this weekend.
They've kept that a bit quiet! I knew they were recording but didn't know it was imminent.
Guess that's another tour I'll be going to. Hopefully it wont just be festivals.
timbo

Postby timbo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Good to see Mumford & Sons got the best album at the Brits.
I made a point of going to see them at T in the Park 2 years ago. They were the first band on at 12.30 ( I think ) in one of the tents. There were only a few hundred of us watching them in a 10000 capacity tent but I could see then that they were going to be popular.
I then saw them again early last year at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh and they were outstanding. They then headlined the same tent at T in the Park last year to a capacity audience. What a difference a year makes - an amazing rise to success.

If you like the band then you should maybe check out Broken Records - a relatively new band from Edinburgh. I think they are like a cross between the Mumfords & Arcade Fire.
timbo

Postby Sean in Otley » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 pm

I highly reccomend a fantastic band called 'Teeth Of The Sea'. Saw them support Britissh Sea Power the other night and I thought they were excellent, some tracks are avaialbe for listening on Myspace at...

http://www.myspace.com/thewrongjaws
Sean in Otley

Postby timbo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:53 am

How were Britsh Sea Power? I've seen them a couple of times but missed this tour. It's taking me a while to get into their new album but I'm sure I'll get there. It's not as immediate as their last one for me.
timbo

Postby Sean in Otley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi.
BSP were on good form, played for nearly two hours! Very busy and very hot at The Met. Had to leave before the final song (No Lucifer) but still managed to miss the train back to Menston so it was a £21 taxi fare home. Apart from that it was a god night out.They're apparently trying to organise a one day BSP festival at Jodrell Bank in June!!
Sean in Otley

Postby timbo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Yeah they mentioned that on the Radcliffe & Maconie show when they were on. My parents live close by so maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Good to see bands in unusual/small places ( e.g. James in the Oran Mor, Embrace in a function room at the Edinburgh International Climbing Centre! )
timbo

New Radiohead Album

Postby timbo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Anyone got it yet? I've been a massive fan for years ( and I love Kid A ) but I heard a few tracks on 6 music on Friday & it didn't make me want to buy it.

All reviews welcome.
timbo

Postby timbo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 am

Check out Admiral Radley
timbo

PreviousNext

Return to Other Bands/Artists