iPhones iPads and youtube videos....

All things not Tim Booth...!

iPhones iPads and youtube videos....

Postby moog » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm

ok, so here's the problem....someone has an iPhone and wants to check out the All About Time video we've posted up on the site, but they can't view it because the iPhones/iPads don't support Flash....and the video player is a, yes you guessed it, Flash player. What do you do? :?

I've seen that there's a youtube app - does it work? And also found something on the 'net called itransmogrify which allows you to view Flash content supposedly. Are those the only options or are there other workarounds?
moog
Team Booth

Re: iPhones iPads and youtube videos....

Postby timbo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Don't have an iPhone so cant try it but there appear to be many packages & apps out there that will convert swf files to other formats. Some are even free.

Maybe you could try one of these and put a second link on the page for iPhones which would point to an mp4 or avi version :?:
timbo

Postby katolds » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 am

I just watched the video on my iPad and had no problems with it. Just played it within the webpage. The YouTube app works fine, too. It's not always so easy to watch these on the iPad, so whatever you've done, it worked. :-)
katolds

Postby timboothweb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 am

Realplayer allows you to download to your computer and convert to ipod/iphone/ipad video format. Mine worked by right clicking on the video and selecting the Download this video to real player option.

Once downloaded select the video in the Realplayer library and hit Convert. Choose the iphone option and there you go.
Admin
timboothweb

Postby moog » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:44 am

thanks for all the tips n tricks guys :D
moog
Team Booth

Return to General Chitchat