Album - thoughts, favourite songs

Talk about Tim's songs..

Re: Album - thoughts, favourite songs

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Thu May 05, 2011 7:22 am

Point of Darkness and Bless em all have a special connection for me now after hearing ( and singing!) them live, but I still hold sway that they are all part of one story, songs a chapter each with their own characters which tell a different tale. Still can't choose! They all rock my boat!
Lou Purplefairy

Postby shiv » Thu May 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Monsters is a great song, along with As Far As I Can See and Bless Em All. Those 3 get me dancing around my bedroom like a mad woman, but I do love all the songs on the album!
shiv

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Thu May 05, 2011 5:36 pm

shiv wrote:Monsters is a great song, along with As Far As I Can See and Bless Em All. Those 3 get me dancing around my bedroom like a mad woman, but I do love all the songs on the album!

me too. My ipod plays nothing else, and al the other music on my ipod is for guests who want to listen to something else!
Lou Purplefairy

Postby Believer » Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Lou Purplefairy wrote:
shiv wrote:Monsters is a great song, along with As Far As I Can See and Bless Em All. Those 3 get me dancing around my bedroom like a mad woman, but I do love all the songs on the album!

me too. My ipod plays nothing else, and al the other music on my ipod is for guests who want to listen to something else!

I've got Love Life & Bone on a playlist alphabetically. It's just perfect. :ugeek:
Believer

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 pm

I think we are anoraks. lol! But harmless ones! Do I need to set up a self help group for us all?
Deffo a music addict, and absolutely a Tim Booth and James terminal case.
If I don't listen every day, I get right moody. I learned to sing by listening to Tim plugged into my ears, and in the days before ipods when Walkmans ran on AA batteries that I used to drain regulalry, when they ran out, I used to sing the songs to hear them. They'd be stuck in my head and I had a compulsion to sing them. I could have worse obsessions. Purple and Tim Booth's and James ' music is harmless enough. Could be worse, I could be a kleptomaniac or a pyromanic with a musical obsession with JLS. I have Bad Angel, Bone and Love life all on one playlist, and all my James albums on one playlist which I shuffle. I also have about 40 James playlists which I use for mediation, and distance healing, and sometimes I need certain playlists which ignite my creativity and problem solving. Sometime I have a certain playlist just to think, or have a damned good cry for stress relief and emotional expression. Music is what your soul is made of :)
Lou Purplefairy

Postby timbo » Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Few weeks on & I still don't have a favourite. I have still not skipped or rewound a track. Each one has something that grabs me.
Although it's only May there is not the slightest possibility that there will be a better album this year.
timbo

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Sat May 07, 2011 3:59 pm

timbo wrote:Few weeks on & I still don't have a favourite. I have still not skipped or rewound a track. Each one has something that grabs me.
Although it's only May there is not the slightest possibility that there will be a better album this year.

I totally agree. There's only one other album i plan of getting this year, by Chris TT and I doubt it will be as good. Sorry Chris!
I normally blag all my music ( i'm a serious music junkie and can't afford my habit, don't watch telly and only have one to play music dvds) but I spent pennies on this one twice, once the download and the special edition vinyl. I am a vinyl junkie too. Love the way its smells especially a first pressing, I'm so old skool! as so much of my music these days in in ipodland, cd's are a bit redundant unless its special, like anything that James or Tim Booth produces. I've not heard one single album in all of the stuff they have produced that I didn't like.
Love Life is an amazing album.
Lou Purplefairy

Postby Believer » Mon May 09, 2011 9:38 am

timbo wrote:

Unless Tim releases another album in November(I can dream). 8-)

Lou Purplefairy wrote:Love Life is an amazing album.

It's actually BETTER than that!. :lol:
Believer

Postby Monica » Sun May 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I reached the album last thursday and I understand that everyone waiting for my review. To get a proper, honest and fairly review I have to listen more, so I come back with this.

As people usually say; " That one that wait for something good, wait never too long"

Meanwhile you waiting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxjzc5wn ... re=related
Monica

Postby tonyr7 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:53 pm

tonyr7

PreviousNext

Return to Tim Booth Songs