Album - thoughts, favourite songs

Talk about Tim's songs..

Re: Album - thoughts, favourite songs

Postby ninja » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Just wondered if anyone else finds themselves singing Buried Alive (to themselves) then inadvertently find they are singing the theme from 'Whatever happened to the Likely Lads?', ???
Last edited by ninja on Fri May 06, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninja

Postby nic » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Believer wrote:And brilliant it was gerry. The only thing brillianter, is listening to the album post gig. :geek:
I'm finding it even more joyous than it was already.

Yes I am more in love with Point of Darkness after hearing it live! That and All about time r firm faves! :)
nic

Postby itisme » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:35 pm

So far my favourite songs are:

As far as I can see ( it´s so sweet)
All about time ( love it. It´s just so good!)
Last edited by itisme on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itisme

Postby Lester Piggott » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:17 pm

My 3 favourites at the moment on the album are, in no particular order:

Monsters
All About Time
The Point of Darkness

With a notable mention too for As Far As I Can See.

There's a bit in Gloria Decends that really reminds me of a James song but I can't figure out which one it is. Might be Crescendo now that I'm sitting thinking about it, I'll need to give both a listen on the way home.
Lester Piggott

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 pm

From the first listen of Gloria Decends I've thought that the inclusion of a bit of trumpet would be fantastic, then I do like bit of trumpet and Cresendo is one of my favve James rarer tracks.
Michelle

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Der! I was actually thinking of Bless them All, not Gloria when I said it would be greatvwith a bit of trumpet. Lol.
Michelle

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 am

"Point of Darkness" has me in a puddle of emotion because it is just so beautiful with the lyrics and the music takes me to a place not in this dimension, and "Do yourself a favour" is a song that I can hear my own heart expressing to one who is dear to me right now. Funny that. There is always a James or a Tim song that coincidentally expresses what theme is going on in my life. Thing is, this album is just the "Third Chapter" of a trilogy ( so far) and each song is a different scene/character with its own life and is an important cog in the clockwork machine that runs so perfectly. I love this whole album and its firmly up there with Bad Angel and Bone and I am not disappointed in any iof the songs at all. Knowing this is not just Tims work is also refeshing, as credit goes to Lee Baker for some astounding music which has me enraptured in the middle of the day and bursting into song in Tesco's or at a set of traffic lights.
Love Life.
Does exactly what it says on the tin.
I have been loving life for a long time. Its nice to be in good company, because this life is so very, very short. I plan to pack as many moments into it as I possibly can. Tim's music is the perfect soundtrack to my life and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Lou Purplefairy

Postby Lester Piggott » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Lester Piggott wrote:My 3 favourites at the moment on the album are, in no particular order:

Monsters
All About Time
The Point of Darkness

With a notable mention too for As Far As I Can See.

There's a bit in Gloria Decends that really reminds me of a James song but I can't figure out which one it is. Might be Crescendo now that I'm sitting thinking about it, I'll need to give both a listen on the way home.

It is of course Shatter that I think reminds me of Crescendo (possibly) and not Gloria.
Lester Piggott

Postby Believer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:46 pm

nic wrote:
Believer wrote:And brilliant it was gerry. The only thing brillianter, is listening to the album post gig. :geek:

Yes I am more in love with Point of Darkness after hearing it live! That and All about time r firm faves! :)

The Point Of Darkness was already one of the stand-out track for me nic, and it still seems to have improved post gig. That, along with 'Consequences', really came to life for me in the live enviroment. Along with 'All About Time' & 'Monsters' & 'As Far As I Can See' & ...... well you get the point. :D
Believer

Postby nic » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Believer wrote:
nic wrote:

The Point Of Darkness was already one of the stand-out track for me nic, and it still seems to have improved post gig. That, along with 'Consequences', really came to life for me in the live enviroment. Along with 'All About Time' & 'Monsters' & 'As Far As I Can See' & ...... well you get the point. :D

indeed :D :D
nic

PreviousNext

Return to Tim Booth Songs