Sing-a -longs

Need we say more....? We do? Ok, discuss all things James related in here!

Re: Sing-a -longs

Postby timbo » Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 pm

I may not have sung in tune at Glasgow, but boy did I enjoy it :D

FYI Dave, the Kendal set list on your page is incorrect. They added in Dance Of The Bad Angels between Fall In Love with Me & Buried Alive.
Cheers, Tim
timbo

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Thank you! I did my best. Both gigs were a very moving experience for me. And I met Tim after who said I had a beautiful voice. Compliment and a half. I floated all the way back to Devon.... I have some awesome pics. I pulled the 300mm lens out of the arsenal cuz I had the big gun with me ( canon 500d) instead of the point and shoot. I enjoyed it on so many levels, my creativity flowing in singing and in image capture. lots to work with now, and I will be putting an image dvd together and sending it in to management to see if they want to use any of the images as it was the last night of the tour and I got some candid shots of the band after the gig. Ok, so its not shot on a 7D, but its a 15MP camera with a fairy behind it working some magic. I also hear the alto sax turned up 5 minutes before the gig. The sax manifestation spell i performed outside in the courtyard with my crystals, witnessed by Hugo the Brazillian roadie, ( who asked if I was praying) might have helped find one. I like to think that magic works. I managed to materialise 2 free tickets out of thin air and sing 3 times in a fortnight with Tim, get my cd inserts signed by Tim, Neil and Lee, get shots of the set after the gig, found a near full bottle of water that Tim had discarded, my friend blagged some ciggie papers of Saul outside the back doors, and travel to London and back safely without getting lost in Central London,in a 20 year old Ford fiesta with a knackered wheel bearing. Magic was at work alright. Powerful stuff :D
Lou Purplefairy

Postby Believer » Thu May 05, 2011 9:23 pm

oneofthethree wrote:Lou, What's The World is a James song, that The Smiths covered.

Good on you for taking the singing further. It was good to hear someone in the crowd sing in tune at a tim/james gig :-)

"Bbbbbbaaaarrrrrrrr cccceeeeeeee lllllooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

8-)
Believer

Postby nic » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Lou Purplefairy wrote:
nic wrote:i reckon Tim could sense it, he seems spiritual too - ur prob on the same ''spirit level'' he he x
I agree that many James lyrics help , whenever i feel down their songs pick me up . ''Point of darkness'' will be a fantastic song for that as it is about feeling low, until ''here comes the light'' and things start to pick up!
James songs have helped me so much, some are so so meaningful! then there are the fantastic lively sing alongs like ''all about time'' :)
At the moment I feel very happy , life is looking good, April has been fab for me :) and Tim booth live was awesome - and because of ''love life'' and the tour I have a few new found friends ;-) xx

I love ur positve vibes Lou purplefairy!
hope u enjoy ur other free ticket gig! :D :D

Dingwalls was out of this wolrd. Tim spotted me in the front row, grinned at me and we repeated our duet on "Bless Em all" and finished the song together singing accapella as the band laid off the instruments for the last bar to let us both sing. We both went into free fall and really lost it with the singing. I think Tim enjoyed it as much as I. Met him afterwards and he signed my cd inserts and told me I had a beautiful voice, which has confirmed my ideas for singing on a more pro level now and I have been offered studio time and some jam sessions with a band in North Devon. I don't think life gets much better than this! The gig was a magic affair and he didn't want to get off the stage. After all the encores they he still came back with a Smiths number which had us all bouncing. What a banging last night. Tim was buzzin and the audience was too! We rocked each others boots off! I wish I could go to Greece to see him play, and I wanted to do the Kent Farm festi, but I am already booked to do another in Southhampton where I am performing as part of my healing work. Keep dreaming your reality Nic, as we co create it. Like Tim says, everythings connected.

The reason I am still breathing is because of a James song. It literally saved my life, no wonder I have a very very special connection toward the band. I saw them twice last year Beautiful Days and again at the o2 in Brum for my 40th birthday, and have seen Tim gig twice now this year too. I can say that I enjoyed his solo gigs as much (if not more, only because they were so intimate) as his work with James, and as much as I love James, Tim's solo work and collaborations with Lee (who I also met along with the rest of the band) and KK have a deeper meaning which I relate to far more than the James albums they have released since the Reformation. I dunno, something about Tim's writing has a deep resonance which mirrors my own style of writing and creative thought processes. I reckon you are right, we both seem to be on the same "spirit level". Being an artist myself( multi media), I do know how important it is to feel that connection with your audience and get feed back from your work, whatever your medium. Its a language and its all about communication and expression, which ultimately is so that we can all feel connected. I like the fact that Tim seriously doubts his sanity. Its a trait we both share. We have also the fact in common that we have both only ever written one song completely by ourselves, he used an omnichord, but I can play mine on my guitar! Its the only song I can play and it only took me 9 years to write it! lol!

Wow u have had some luck recently! well done !! i still dont think i could actually sing with Tim in front of everyone but how awesome!! There is just something about Tim and James and their lyrics and the way they make me feel! I have seen James twice in very intimate venues (Dublin 09 and Oxford 2010) and it as pretty magical! I think james have helped me so much when down (I dont knw another band who could do it!) . . .I feel u would be a good person to get some happy vibes from too if i was ever down - i shall seek ur advise xxxxx I enjoyed ur ''Surfing the moonlight '' on fb xxxx
nic

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Fri May 06, 2011 7:03 am

we co create our own reality. Dream the dream into existence :) Anytime you feel down and the music doesn't work, click your heels together and call me and I'll be there :) Failing that, facebook me. lol!
Can't promise to fix your world but I can promise to make you feel better for at least 5 minutes :)

I'd love to to do the Kent Farm festi, but I'm booked for another festi that weekend in Southampton doing some workshops with people. If I can get to the Kent Farm festi just for Tim's performance to photograph it, I can just make it. We'll see how things go. If I'm in Southampton, I'm already halfway there from where I live :) I'm gonna work on getting a pass. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I can find a way.
Wish Hard, ask the universe nicely and all things are possible. As a friend who recently passed away used to say life is a pyramid of infinite possibilities. I'm inclined to believe him.
He was The Wizard of Glastonbury :)
Lou Purplefairy

Postby johnny_yen » Fri May 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Much as I am loving these conversations no-one else has answered the lovely Lou's question!!! Come on don't be shy, there must be some more stories about singing etc!

Anyway, back off the track, hasn't this tour been awesome? Even my other half (who I lovingly sang to.. see previous post) now thinks Tim's solo stuff is top notch. She is a moderate James fan but having the pleasure of dancing with Tim during 'Down to the Sea' at Leeds and hearing 'Buried Alive' she is now a big fan of him.
johnny_yen

Postby Lou Purplefairy » Tue May 10, 2011 1:52 pm

johnny_yen wrote:Much as I am loving these conversations no-one else has answered the lovely Lou's question!!! Come on don't be shy, there must be some more stories about singing etc!

Anyway, back off the track, hasn't this tour been awesome? Even my other half (who I lovingly sang to.. see previous post) now thinks Tim's solo stuff is top notch. She is a moderate James fan but having the pleasure of dancing with Tim during 'Down to the Sea' at Leeds and hearing 'Buried Alive' she is now a big fan of him.

The tour was AWESOME. I don't understand why the camden gig was not as packed out as it should have been, but from where i was stood it was pretty packed out. I had a few disgruntled miserable buggers who stood at the gig motionless near me who were a bit upset that i was dancing ( ok, so it looked like I was having a fit) but when chaos runs through your veins you have to go with it.
Got some funny looks yesterday belting out "What For" in tescos and doing the '"aeroplane dance" in the bicuit aisle, and I was caught out at the traffic lights the other day giving it some welly on "Goldmother" Got some funny looks again. I just smiled and sang louder. The bloke shook his head, giggled and drove off leaving me and the band crawling away from the lights :)
You gotta sing and dance your way through life. Beats doing the same shuffle towards the Man in Black as everyone else.
Lou Purplefairy

Previous

Return to James