Rehearsals & Tour

6am 9.4.2011
Packed and ready to leave for the UK. Rehearsals, promotion and tour of “Love Life.”

In March I flew in for 8 days of rehearsals. Walked in to the Brighton rehearsal studios to find a brilliant 4 piece already rehearsed under Lee’s vigilance. They had rehearsed over the previous months in Lee’s tardis of a studio.

Neil on bass. You may have seen him in My Federation, Lee’s old band. Bass that reverberates through you and a presence to match. A gem.

Rob on drums. Rob’s drummed with me before. Reminds me of a more subtle Gavan – James’s first drummer- he can do the Keith Moon thing but only when needed. I first saw him 10 years ago playing for the Lovegods- immediately went up to him after the gig to congratulate him. Knows how to support a song.

Dan on keyboards. Probably 25. I named him “Youth of Today” as in “So Dan, what would the Youth of Today have to say about this?” Brilliant. A real find. Plays sax beautifully too.

And then there is Lee. Well there has to be one amateur in the group. We’ve done away with the “Muddy Baker” bit and replaced it with “Hairy Watford” (his hometown ) or “ Hairy Watford crack” when there’s no children present. Lee’s the reason this CD got made. He’s the most naturally creative person I know. Check out his artwork on “www.leebakerart.com”. Watch the “Thames to Tama” video of the art installation he just completed with 5,000 school kids. A crazy man overbrimming with energy and enthusiasm.

They all can sing better than me. The rehearsals were as fun as the “All About Time” video reveals.

Oh yeah, and of course, Mr Saul Davies will be joining us for this tour! The video shows his first day rehearsing with this crazy bunch. I’m a perfectionist, if you hadn’t noticed, and Saul makes this just perfect.

So you see I’m flying to the UK with a big smile on my face as I already know what this band are capable of. Now if I can only remember all the words……

Hope you are enjoying Love Life. Sorry about the mess up with the Special Edition.

Look forward to seeing you face to face.
Tim

11 Comments to Rehearsals & Tour

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 5:39 am | Permalink

Bon voyage and safest travels! We’ll be waiting here stateside for a U.S tour.

Jennifer

2. Stewart's Gravatar Stewart
    Apr 13, 2011 at 8:12 am | Permalink

I’m sure we all expect a crib sheet or two ;o). Cant wait for the measly two gigs I’ll be at.

See you soon.

3. Helen's Gravatar Helen
    Apr 13, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

We’re all looking forward to seeing you too : D
    We all know that the mess up with the special edition is not your fault- but I live at number 29 if you want to drop mine off yourself, ha ha
    See you in Manchester.

4. nic's Gravatar nic
    Apr 13, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

:) brilliant ! sounds even more excitin! cant wait to hear Love Life Live (try saying that when u hav had a few ;0) ) eek! see ya in manchesta!

5. Lou Purplefairy's Gravatar Lou Purplefairy
    Apr 18, 2011 at 12:09 am | Permalink

Don’t worry if you forget some of the words. Us die-hards will prompt you and will be singing along with you. The lyrics of the new cd have now taken their place alongside all your other songs and seem to be getting along quite well with each other in my memory banks. See you in Brum. Can’t believe its just 6 sleeps away! :)

6. Nick's Gravatar Nick
    Apr 20, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

I was reading Thornton Wilder’s play “Our Town” and I came across the line: “You’ve got to love life to have life, and you’ve got to have life to love life… It’s what they call a vicious* circle.”
    Is this coincidence or a source for the title of the deluxe album that’s still “in the post”? I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait when it arrives. Now about those Spanish dates you forgot to add to the tour….
    * virtuous, surely.

7. Apr 24, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

dan, probably 25? I’m saying nothing. looking forward to the Komedia gig :-)

8. Jacqui's Gravatar Jacqui
    Apr 28, 2011 at 9:57 am | Permalink

wonderful gig last night here in Leeds, so many positive comments I could make… first time I’ve been to see you without hearing the music first… this was purposeful… so I could hear it fresh, fabulous stuff… just stands alone, no peers! x

9. Deano's Gravatar Deano
    Apr 28, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Dearest Tim and band members.
    Many thanks indeed for the most memorable afternoon and evening in Leeds. Fabulous V.I.P experience and meeting Tim (and singing with during soundcheck ‘Bless em all’) was a dream come true experience. A fabulous, vibrant, energetic gig. Thought the band were amazing. ‘Love Life’is a cd that I just cannot stop playing. Totally infectious and an absolute classic.
    Thanks for the memories and hope there is more to come.

10. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:06 am | Permalink

this album is a gem.the more you play it the more valuble it becomes to you personally.tim booth will never hang up his gloves i can tell you.great out door concert you put on at Bingley west yorkshire last year tim and it was great to see you again on your own turf..hurry back cos you sent the crowd wild and the final track you played with tons of people getting up on stage with you is simply what james and tim booth are all about…adios my friends..

11. how long have i been sleepin's Gravatar how long have i been sleepin
    Feb 26, 2012 at 12:58 am | Permalink

oh shit i think i must have been abducted by aliens i have no idea of whats gone on since morning after i got most back catalogue since one man clapping bin a fan since 20 i got some serious catching up to do,I SHOULD BE ASHAMED