New Album

Blog.

Four letter word.
Never read one.
Never written one.

Looks like I will be maintaining one for the next few months. Will be beaten into submission if I don’t…

Lee Baker and I have been making this album for years. KK wrote some of the songs with me a while ago. Only now have the stars aligned……

Working title is “In the Palace of the Moon Princess” – it’s a quote from David Mitchell’s amazing new book “A Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet.” The title also fits with one of Lee’s original art works that I want to use as the cover. Terry Bickers plays some amazing guitar on a couple of tracks and while Lee was in LA we recorded the Silverlake chorus (a choir) on some tracks in my living room with us all wandering around the room singing random ecstatic lines. I LOVE it – hope I’m not alone.

I think Lee and I have deepened since Bone, or is that aged? No fillers. Should be out in the Spring. Watch out for my flyers at the upcoming James gigs and sign on to my mailing list and give feedback. About time I had my own website, check out the news page to see who I have to thank.

Once up and running our forum will be monitored!

14 Comments to New Album

1. steve's Gravatar steve
    Dec 7, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Buried Alive sounds great… Please come to Oxford in April…. You had a good turn out at The New Theatre and the o2 was out of this world!.

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I’m in agreement with Steve up ^ there ^: Buried Alive is great. Can’t wait for the rest of the album, and I’m looking forward to the Manchester gig in 10 days!

3. Sarah's Gravatar Sarah
    Dec 8, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Overall impression great….solid wall of swirling sounds and melody…..couldnt make out your lyrics though…so either I’m going deaf or perhaps you can mix yourself clearer…like fresh blue stream water….see you for soundcheck in Mcr…dont be late I’m travelling a long way to catch this one

4. jesus's Gravatar jesus
    Dec 8, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Great title hope to hear soon… thanks Tim

5. Deano's Gravatar Deano
    Dec 8, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to hear the new material. Absolutely love Bone. Well remember the amazing gig at Leeds City Varieties and hope a return is in the offing ? Also looking foward to Manchester in a few days time……with wife and bump (8 months and 1 to go)..give us a wave in block 114!!

6. greg's Gravatar greg
    Dec 8, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Tim,
    I have been pestering you through various sites for a while now to come and visit us in australia. It would be such a pleasure!!! But it seems hings may be looking up for me. I will be in the UK from the 28th April 2011 – the end of May. Perhaps you could extend the tour into May and we could finally “sit down” together up.
    I am so looking forward to the prospect of seeing you play live, hearing this news has made my day.
    Love the new track by the way.

7. Robert Clayton's Gravatar Robert Clayton
    Dec 9, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Great news! The new demo is a killer, love the sound overall and the way your voice was captured. Love the look and style of your website too. Have been a big fan of ‘Booth & the Bad Angel’ and ‘Bone’. I’m very much looking forward to your new album and hopefully some tour dates in the US – maybe, please? Merry Christmas Tim – and thanks for the early Christmas gift i.e. the new demo, etc, etc.
    Robert

8. leon's Gravatar leon
    Dec 9, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I like the demo track, I still love Bone cd to this day and I haved very fond memories of Tims gig at the Royal college of music in Manchester (Booth street ironically!!) I feel it would be ideal to return or maybe play at the Ritz, I saw Travis there a few years back and the atmosphere was electric. see you guys next Saturday at the M.E.N ARENA!!!

9. Aristea's Gravatar Aristea
    Dec 9, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

wonderful title.
    Love the new track.
    Can’t wait till spring.

10. Andy B's Gravatar Andy B
    Dec 9, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Tim, this is the BEST news! Bad Angel and BONE are 2 of my ALL-TIME favorite albums. I recently met you briefly at the Music Box after the LA show. My last name is BONE, so obviously I have a personal connection to that record!

I can’t wait to hear Buried Alive. I’ll be waiting (not so patiently) until March.

Thanks,

Andy

11. Dec 10, 2010 at 3:11 am | Permalink

“Buried Alive” is such a powerful song, both musically and lyrically. It’s really touched a nerve, I’ll have to sit with it awhile before exploring these feelings more deeply. I’m so looking forward to the rest of the album.

I hope you’ll play some dates in the US too. Maybe a few warm-up gigs before the April UK tour? I’ve got a cafe in Oregon. We’d LOVE to have you. :-)

12. Patrícia Courela's Gravatar Patrícia Courela
    Dec 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Tim “Buried Alive” is fantastic how do you do man? All your work it’s so good, so so so good!!! I like a lot = )

Come to Portugal!!!!